Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lost Boys: best movie ever

i love this guy!
Hello everyone. The Lost Boys is perfect. Joel Schumacher and Jeffery Boam = shining gold gods, big time, in my books. Joel Schumacher (ehh, I dont think I spelled that right) wins my golden fleece award for the fact that he is both quoted all over the place in Jean Stein's ne plus ultra perfect book Edie: An American Girl (he was friends with Edie! He knew Edie! Whoa!) and the man CREATED this movie. Oh, and he also did Flatliners, which I was oddly obsessed with at age fourteen and saw in theaters five times, because I was obsessed with Keifer Sutherland. The screemwriter, Jeffrey Boam also wrote Indian Jones and the Last Crusade, which I spent all weekend google researching for some reason. This movie is solid gold!


Sam meeting the Frog brothers is maybe my favorite movie moment ever. I think Corey Haim was thirteen or fourteen when he did this movie and in my world, he's won a billion academy awards.
This is the foreign film poster. It looks dangerous. 

This is the US poster. Iconic, but a bit meh. I'm not mad about David's sunglasses to be honest.
This is my first blog entry and I have no idea how to lay this out in an attractive way yet, and my thoughts are not coming quite as easily as I'd hoped so I'm thinking i'm going to have to do a little radio podcast with my best friend T about the Lost Boys and really hash this thing out. Which means that we will have to also hash out Purple Rain because T is unhealthily obsessed with Purple Rain--I mean, in a really charming way. T is nothing but charming. But she does have a tattoo of that crying eye on her body. But mind you I have a tattoo of the Turkish flag on me. I am not Turkish. Lesson being: Research your intended tattoo symbol before you permanently apply it to your body. Okay, thank you for reading! I'll be back with more!
Topics I intend on covering:
How to spot a hooker in expensive Beverly Hills Hotels
Great moments in Bad Movies
Terrible cover versions of awesome songs
Crazy things me and my friends I do to look hot.
How to make an awesome Brigitte Bardot Pouf Hairdo, followed by a deep discussion of Roger Vadim's amazing book, Bardot, Deneuve, Fonda
Ranking the 20 hottest Rolling Stones Girlfriends of all time
Ranking the 10 hottest Beatles girlfriends of all time (only 10-- less material to work with)
Who would win in a cage match if we pitted the top 5 Stones GF's against the top 5 Beatles GF's

And so much more!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment